I love fish and seafood in general. There are many ways to enjoy fish. This way I made our fish today is a favourite in the home. Even fussy fish eaters enjoy it this way…. Fish Plaki- Psari Plaki is basically a baked fish dish with an array of vegetables…It can be made with a large fish, smaller fish, fillet fish…I hope you enjoy it as much as we do…
- 1 large whole fish (scaled-guttered), or smaller fish or fish fillets
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 large onion or 2-3 small ones cut into rings
- 2 large green peppers cut into rings
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 -3 tomatoes diced
- 2 Tbsp dry oregano
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 3/4 -1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- In a large baking dish, lay the bottom with the potato wedges, onion rings, pepper rings parlsey, part of the diced tomatoes, oregano
- Season the fish with salt and pepper Now place the fish on top of your vegetables. Add remaining diced tomatoes on top
- In a large measuring cup add the olive oil, flour and paprika and whisk together. Now pour this sauce over the fish and then pour the water over all.
- Season with salt and ground pepper and place in the middle rack of your oven for about 45- 60 minutes at 350 F – 180 C depending on how large the fish is…
- Serve each plate with a portion of the fish/ or a separate fish fillet with a bed of the vegetables and some sauce over it.
A lovely dish for all seasons.
As we say in Greek ” Καλή όρεξη! “